Recent case law, legislation, and current events will all have a major impact on how schools implement New Jersey's Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights. In this session, participants will learn about major changes in Federal and State law, U.S. Supreme Court Decision impacting student cyberspeech, the 2022 HIB Law
Updates, recent HIB case law impacting student and staff member rights, recent trends in HIB, and how to address student behavior linked to recent events, as well as diversity, equity, and inclusion. Participants will also learn about the impact of related legal requirements related to threat assessment, student mental health, parental due process, and staff reporting requirements. Originally Aired: Aug 31, 2023
Program Length: 1.0 Hours
Presenter(s): David Nash, Esq., Director of Legal Education and National Outreach; Rebecca Gold, LEGAL ONE Consultant
How to Access Your On-Demand, Self-Paced Mini-Course: Within 24 hours of your purchase, you will be provided account information from the TMI Anytime! Learner Mobile Division at [email protected] that will provide your personal account information to access your Spotlight on Education Law Series mini-course(s).
If you cannot locate this email in your inbox, please review your Spam/Junk folders. If you are still unable to locate your account information, please contact us by email at: [email protected]. Enjoy your professional learning experience!
The TMI-LEGAL ONE Spotlight on Education Law Series
Convenient on-demand learning for the time-deprived school leader.
TMI and LEGAL ONE are proud to offer the Spotlight on Education Law Series, a comprehensive collection of mini-courses. Designed specifically for the time-deprived school leader, the Spotlight on Education Law Series consists of an ever-evolving library of one-hour information-packed webinars on the most current educational law topics, issues and related developments. Therefore, engagement in the series will better guide and equip the education professional to make the most informed decisions in daily practice.
- Individual Mini-Course Rate: $40
- 2023-2024 Spotlight on Education Law - Annual Subscription Rate: $150 ($50 discount)
- 2022-2023 Spotlight on Education Law - Annual Subscription Rate: $275 ($165 discount)
- Spotlight on Education Law: The Complete 2022-2024 Collection - Annual Subscription Rate: $425 ($215 discount!)
To access, review and purchase any one of our Spotlight on Education Law Series mini-course and/or subscription offerings, visit TMI Anytime! - Spotlight on Education Law today!
The following provides the complete collection of 2023-2024 Spotlight on Education Law Series mini-courses (individual courses will be accessible within 10-14 days of the live program):
- HIB: New Laws, New Year (Air Date: 8.31.23)
- Critical Legal Issues in Elementary Education (Air Date: 12.14.23)
- Gifted and Talented Legal Updates (Air Date: 1/11.24)
- Human Resource Requirements, Best Practices & the Law (4.18.24)
- You Can’t Make This #$%^& Up! School Law: All New Horror Stories and Lessons to Be Learned (5.16.24)
The following provides the complete collection of 2022-2023 Spotlight on Education Law Series mini-courses:
- Understanding Major Changes in NJ’s HIB Law and Related Statutes
- Understanding Boundaries: Staff to Staff Communication
- Understanding Boundaries: Staff and Parent Communications
- Developing Staff Code of Conduct
- Critical Legal Issues in Elementary Education
- Gifted and Talented Legal Updates
- Understanding Boundaries: Staff and Students
- Human Resource Requirements, Best Practices & the Law
- Special Education - Child-find and Unilateral placements
- You Can’t Make This #$%^& Up! School Law: All New Horror Stories and Lessons to Be Learned
- Legal Issues in Student Health